An exciting opportunity has arisen for an individual that is looking for a new HR challenge. The successful individual will work within the Leading Electronic security and Manned guarding business and will play an integral part in advising, engaging and supporting our business. There are two dimensions to the HR Advisor role, the HR Engagement Advisor involves providing HR support within a client facing generalist role and the HR Pillar role provides specialist HR support within a functional capability pillar (performance improvement, probation, disciplinary, grievance, absence management). We are looking for a HR professional who can help build an efficient and value-adding Human Resources function. On a daily basis, you’ll be involved in the tactical side of Human Resources as you work closely with the HR manager, area managers and employees.
In your first year and beyond, you will:
- Execute and ensure all HR Operation tasks occur in a timely and high-quality manner in alignment with Amberstone’s policies, guidelines and legislation.
- Provide expertise in recruiting, hiring, orienting and on-boarding newly acquired talent.
- Advise and support area managers and employees across the UK region. Leverage prior experience in all areas of HR to recommend system and process improvements for greater ease of service delivery while adhering to relevant employment and immigration laws and best practices within the UK.
- Collaborate with the HR team and managers on HR-related projects and tasks.
- Fine tune your working knowledge of the Amberstone structure while building strong relationships across all business and functional areas.
- Become a superuser in our HRIS systems so you can respond quickly and efficiently to requests from employees/managers. Updating of various information sources and database maintenance along with the creation and reporting of UK wide metrics and statistics.
- Experienced HR Generalist, ideally part CIPD qualified or studying towards your CIPD qualification.
- Able to provide well-constructed advice and guidance on HR solutions, always promoting best practice & innovative thinking.
- Ability to prioritise and proactively manage multiple activities including case work and projects.
- Demonstrated ability to excel in a fast-paced and complex environment with shifting priorities while building strong relationships at all levels.
- Detailed knowledge of all functional areas in human resources as well as policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Open-minded, committed personality with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Proficient in HRIS tools as well as other types of technology including MS Office, video conferencing, social media platforms, et al.
- Ability to analyse and visualise data, identify trends and provide solutions to business priorities.
- Ability to influence internal stakeholders and work under pressure.
This role will be based at our Head Office in Shepreth, South Cambridgeshire.
- Company Pension Scheme
- Simply Health Scheme
- Perkbox Incentive Scheme
- Free onsite parking with village location and easy access by train
- Investing in employees through Continuous Development Plans/Professional Qualifications
View all vacancies